Friday, November 19, 2021

The Endeavors of a Working Student

Hey, I acknowledge that it's been awhile since I've published on here, and I'll try to get more on that now that I'm done with my college application process (yeehawwwwww :))! 

Anyways, here's a fun summer throwback (Friday) for your day! Have you ever wanted to be a working student? I know I'd always been curious what it would be like. Over the summer, I got the pleasure of checking it out. Anyway, here're the highlights of my month of working studentery (is that a word? No, but let's go with it): 

I rode lots of different horses... 


Jumper show at Woodedge

Mastered the art of tack cleaning... 
Before (yes, that's mold you see)
After

Learned to pull manes 

(This is, of course, a WIP pic and not the final product)

Made lots of these piles 
Caption this as you may, hypothetical reader

And I leased a Dutch Harness Horse! How cool is that? 

The view atop my trusty steed, Legacy 

What about you? I'd love to hear about your summer equine experiences! 
(Edit: a few days ago, I learned of the passing of my first trainer, Jill. I have no words to describe the impact she's had on me (man, I should polish that one up if I'm going to actually say something at her memorial), and I miss her deeply. I hope you're finally back in the saddle, like you always said you'd be, Jill. I miss you.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment