Friday, July 5, 2024

South Jersey Classic 2024 Placings

Whaaaaat? Two live shows in the span of a month? Crazy talk! 

I've got to say, South Jersey Classic, an all-OF Halter show limited to Breyers and Stones, might've been the most competitive show I've shown in to date. I brought ~70 models and came out with 15 ribbons, nearly all of which came from the minis ring (somehow, I regularly seem to have more success with minis than with Trads). 

The day's first placing came in Arab/Part Arab, with a 4th for my Coco

Followed by a 6th in Morgan with my mini All Glory. 
And a first place for this gal in the same class! (Notably a WB mold)
AN It's Hailing Taxis
We close out the Light division with Other Light, where this guy pulled a 5th place. 
The Stock division yielded less-than-desirable results, though I did only have four models entered. Fortunately, the dry spell came to a close with the first class in Draft/Pony: "Draft - Heavy Feather". 
Next up in the OF Breyer Classic/Trads came my only placing in this ring, of the 30-ish Trads and 3 Classics I brought! 
AN Toto
In OF Stone, I experienced my Obligatory Show Fumble™. Guys... When I tell you I did it again, I did it again

It's generally a good idea to match the breed documentation to the toe tag (facepalm)

Moving back to the minis, in Pinto/Appaloosa Pony, my Aiden came yae close to a NAN, placing third. 

AN Impulse Buy
Moving into the Sport division, in Sporthorse/Carriage, this little guy got his first NAN card! 

AN Hot Fudge
Closing out the division, both of my minis in Other Sport received ribbons, much to my delight. 

AN Snarky Marky

If any of y'all keep up with my hobby adventures on Instagram, you'll likely recognize Yeehaw Hillbilly. Why I named a Spanish-type horse this, I really don't know. Still, he NAN'd in Andalusian/Lusitano. 

AN Yeehaw Hillbilly
Moving onto ASB, this body box escapee (who seems to place in every outing, so clearly that was erroneous!) did his thing. Unfortunately, he didn't survive the drive home and came back with a cracked leg :( I'm looking for repair artists, if any of y'all have any recommendations (please let me know! I also have a few other nice OFs I'm looking for coat touch ups). 

In Light/Gaited Foals, I came out with a 3rd and 4th. 
It's hard to photograph this pretty girl, but she has such beautiful shading. 
Closing the show on a high note, this filly snagged fourth in my final class (Other Foals). 

The day's loot

And how about you? Do you show halter? Performance? I'd love to hear about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment