Thursday, April 29, 2021

Amateur Hour

So I know I’ve been churning out some non-hobby content, but I figure I might as well, in the spirit of my blog, post some hobby-related content! 

Every so often, I'll try my hand at some photography, and, I must say, I think I've improved. Of course, I can't hold a candle to this hobby's finest, but I can try! 

Starting here, with my first picture I can find, taken from my backyard: 

So many scale issues, but I tried!


Some of my first attempts at this have not stood the test of time, but they were taken at BreyerFest 2019. Very few survived, but I got a handful, including this random picture: 

Lil Ricky Rocker casually walking by

With the same mini, I took a handful of pictures, documenting my family's trip to Italy just before BreyerFest. Clearly, realism was not my #1 priority, but I wanted to make a few, at least, look possibly realistic: 
Here she is on the Rialto bridge.
Or, maybe the Vatican is more your speed.
haha, whoops!
Of course, she needed a good cleaning after that
And don't mind me, fulfilling the "dumb American" stereotype

More recently, I've tried to actually step up my game, mainly at the beach, because blades of grass make for scaling difficulties. Here's a sampling of some pictures I got later that summer: 
Whoops...

Quite frankly, photography isn't always what I want to do, so I tend not to take too many photos, hence the gap between then and these next pics from last November: 
I'm not quite sure how to crop it to make it look best, but I'm actually pretty pleased here.
Arggggg... the focus!
Regardless, I think I got really lucky with the awesome lighting.
Here's an unrelated one from the same day, because why not?
Subject: The regal Barrington Robert III

What about y'all, have you tried some photography? I'd love to see it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment