Saturday, March 28, 2020

Surprise, Surprise!

With BreyerFest being just months away, I figured I'd begin my BreyerFest series! Let's start it off with some commentary, regarding the surprise model! So, if Breyer follows the pattern of using a mold from the previous year's auctions, which they seemed to have strayed from last year, then perhaps my guess might be correct? Only time (and the BreyerFest blog, after-the-fact) will tell!

Let's meet the 2019 Live Auction models, shall we? 

First up, we have the Chalky Emerson!


Then, the matte Bobby Jo


Next up, the DHS Test Model! Oh, such eye candy!!


And now moving on to one of my personal favorites, the Glossy Dapple Bay Marwari! Drool...


 Next in line, we see the Open Show Champion Prize, the Frame Overo Shagya!


Moving on to the pearly Clydesdale Mare and Foal Set; they're nice, but not quite my cup of tea.


The Glossy Pearly Dun Champagne Silver is a combination I didn't think was possible! I didn't know a model could be both glossy and pearly!


Now, for the Semi-Leopard Appaloosa Five-Gaiter.


Let's take a look at this Dappled Sooty Palomino Ruffian eye candy!


Yet another non-OOAK, North Star!


Wouldn't it be nice to own this lovely Chalky Giselle and Gilen pair? I know I would love to, but not for the hefty price tag of $4,500.


Just look at this blue-eyed beauty on the Mustang Mare mold!


And now it's time for our first crossover, a Cantering Welsh Pony with Newsworthy's tail!


Is this a Springtime Filly test? IDYB Says "Springtime Filly", so maybe...


This blue Pearly Semi-Leopard Goffert is just off-the-wall stunning! I absolutely adore his silver mapping! I forget who owns him, but I've seen him on Instagram once or twice.


Apparently, this guy is glossy, however, in my opinion, he looks more semi-glossed. Either way, he's a beaut!


Moving on to the Chalky Indian Pony! I'll admit, this commentary is getting a tad boring, so bear with me!


Now on to this lovely Legionario III designed by Sommer Prosser herself!


I think this Pearly Golden Cremello Totilas guy might just be my dream Breyer, and I've seen him also floating around Instagram. Some lucky duck his owner is!


Also not quite my cup of tea are these three, but I can see the appeal!


I believe I've seen him in the 'Gram before, too!


I had the pleasure of seeing this total stunner, a Glossy Rainbow Croi Damsha with golden mapping, in-person at Sea to Bay last month! And, might I just say, "drool-fest".


Back to Breyer's signature rose dapples, this cute Chalky Bristol is quite the showstopper!


I think we're almost done! On to Honor and Valour, two incredible ponies.


The second crossover has entered the scene; a wonderfully glossy Show Jumping Warmblood with Croi Damsha's tail!


And now we have a marvelously painted Dundee! doesn't he look a heck of a lot like Karen Zorn's 2019 Best Customs Contest Finishwork entry?


Here's the PAM and PAF set! They're not quite my cup of tea, but I see their appeal!


Might this Fighting Stallion look familiar? That's because he's the runner-up to the Who Wore it Best contest!


Last but certainly not least, we see the infamous Alborozo!

Moving on to the Silent Auction, let's take a look! 

Ziggy Stardust by the lovely Laura J. Rock-Smith!


Here, we have the stunning El Dragon.


And the full set of Hero's Surprise horses:


Anddddddd the test Appaloosa:


Some more glossy goodness here!


Can we just take a second to appreciate how stunning a glossy Out of the Blue looks?


I also got to see this cutie last month!


The drool-worthy Leap of Faith and Top Hat and Tails


And to close out this loonnggg post, we have the stunning custom-etched Carrick!


Tune in next week for my guesses! Until then, I hope y'all have a lovely quarantine and I look forward to hearing from you! Who do y'all think it's going to be? Let me know, and I'll be sure to include you in that post (retroactively too)!

No comments:

Post a Comment