Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

As you all may be aware, in my previous post in this series I discussed last year's auction models. Today, I'm going to be weeding out who I predict it may be! So... without further ado, here's Surprise, Surprise, Surprise:

Right off the bat, I think I can rule out any stocky molds, which eliminates Bobby Jo, Silver, the Mustang Mare, and Dundee. Yes, there are other stocky-ish molds out there, like the Fighting Stallion, but since he's not outright stocky, I'll keep him in the running for now.

Additionally, we can say bye-bye to previous surprise molds, which eliminates Smarty Jones and the Andalusian Stallion.

Now we're left with thirty molds (I counted the family sets as one, simply because it's unlikely that there would be a foal mold as the surprise, as well as I doubt there would be a family set for the Sláinte Surprise. Hmm... "Sláinte" means "cheers", so maybe that'll have something to do with it? I find it doubtful, but perhaps?

Next off, we can get rid of the current BreyerFest runs that have been announced (as of April thrid, 2020): Rhian, Cadell and the Show Jumping Warmblood.

Just based off what I think wouldn't make sense, I think we can also eliminate these guys: the Marwari, Five-Gaiter, Ruffian, "Foalzilla", Semi-Rearing Stallion, Fighting Stallion, Misty (and the foals), Proud Arabian Mare (and her foal), certainly Alborozo (since Breyer made 9,000, and then broke the mold), and Carrick. That's knocked off another ten from our list!

Left with sixteen molds, I think we still have a ways to go with predictions. Seeing as I think it'll be something European, I think it would be safe to say that Emerson (who's a Thoroughbred, which is an American breed), the Shagya Arabian, Ruffian, Duende (although perhaps he could pass as a warmblood or sport-type horse, but I don't think that's the most feasible option), Lonesome Glory, Bristol, the Andalusian Mare, and Valegro.

Nine molds left. Let's see! I tried to do some sleuth work and see if maybe there was a pattern with the gender of the surprise horses, to no avail. I did, however, notice that all the surprise models after 2013 have all been male. Maybe that's something? Who knows. Now we're down to the Clydesdale Stallion, Giselle, the Cantering Welsh Pony (with Newsworthy's tail- maybe Newsworthy is a possibility?), Goffert, Legionario III, Totilas, Croi Damsha, the and the Cleveland Bay.

Based off the fact that they seem to have a draft/sport horse theme, I figure it'll either be a draft horse, a sport horse, or a pony. Why pony? I say that because they might want some variation in the mix. I think they'd want to "cover all their bases". If I were to have to continue narrowing down this list (since I'm fairly indecisive and, therefore, don't want to), I'd probably pull the Clydesdale Stallion, Giselle, the Cantering Welsh Pony, Legionario III, and the Cleveland Bay.

That leaves us with Goffert, Totilas, and Croi Damsha.

So... in the order of who I think will be the Sláinte surprise, we have:
1. Croi Damsha

2. Goffert

3. Totilas

Now, let me just tell y'all that if it's Croi, my wallet's going to take a hit. If it's Totilas, it'll still probably be a teeny ding in my model savings, and if it's Goffert, I don't think I'll absolutely love all of them, so I'll be okay. With that being said, I have never owned a single surprise horse to date. Well, I guess we'll see, won't we? According to a friend, Teagan, who messaged me on Instagram with her guess, she agrees that the most likely contender, in our opinions, is Croi Damsha.

Also, little did I know, when I wrote a big chunk of this that. as of yesterday, April 13th, BreyerFest is moving online. Well, we'll certainly be curious as to how that would work out; Breyer, I have faith in you, though!

What about y'all? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment