Friday, February 11, 2022

Totally not Procrastinating

This is me taking a break from writing a 20-page paper I have due tonight. Sounds like a blast, right?  I bring that up because I didn't post a Day Whateveritwas update yesterday. Oh well :/ Anyways, I still painted yesterday, which is what matters! 

It was a very shading-focused session, painting the darker points on my currently chestnut NaMoPaiMo model and experimenting with subtle, very dark shading on my medallion. Also, I continued blocking work on yet another side project: a cow! Once I'm done with the cow, I'll explain why I've branched out from Equinelandia to Bovinelandia! 

Here's my progress on Senioritis, who, admittedly, isn't looking incredible right now, but I'm trusting the process. 

Three coats of chestnut, onto shading darker points
Admittedly, I'm a bit skeptical to actually shade the medallion, since I really don't want to mess up. That's the thing, though. That's what experimentation is all about, so, I think a lot of the progress to be made with Unnamed Medallion is mental. 

 

When I signed up, I said I was going to work in pastels and acrylics, so I'll get to pastels... eventually. It seems kind of like I'm focusing on everything but the task at hand! 

 Aaaaand here's the beginning of the ugly stage of who will be known for now as "WC" 


As always, pieces of constructive criticism/tips are always appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment