Thursday, December 19, 2019

Performance Problems

For years, I've aspired to, one day, be as awesome at performance as the tycoons in this hobby, like Jennifer Buxton or Tiffany Purdy. I think I'm finally ready to 'pull the trigger' on my performance showing dreams, though there's one problem, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. We all start somewhere, right? Well, somehow, by February 15th, 2020, I, at the very least, need to acquire an LSQ bridle (at this point, either discipline, since I have a plethora of ideas, anyway). In an ideal world, I'd also have a saddle in that same discipline, and a bareback pad, along with any other props I'd probably benefit from having in my entry. A doll or two would be nice, but since I can't afford LSQ dolls, my entries are just going to have to go without for the time being. 

So, let's just say, magically, I have everything I'd mentioned up there, and I'm ready to roll, then what? What models would I use? What setups would I do? "Ahhhhhhhh!" Well, I have a few ideas (and my apologies for the bad photos! I was trying to grab what I could find on my computer) as to who I might use in performance: 
AN Krash 'n Brn
AN Tear in My Heart 
AN Beats Per Minute
AN You're Jo King (who no longer belongs to me, but I have another on her mold) 
I know that it's not too impressive, but it's better than nothing :) 

Considering my budget isn't too large, I do have to, undoubtedly, bargain hunt. Here's what I've compiled so far (do you agree with it?): 
  • Bridle- $75 
  • Saddle- $130 (yes, that's low, but I've found Painted Daisy Studio makes nice ones for that price point) 
  • Saddle Pad- $25 
  • Girth- $30 
Which comes down to a total of $260 allotted for the 'bare bones' tack. I mean, hopefully I can get a bareback pad (which I'll set aside maybe $60), a halter (probably $35, at the most), a lead rope ($5-15), and maybe, just maybe, if I'm feeling a bit crazy, some halter reins too ($5-15). 

What about y'all? Do you do performance? Let's hear about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment