Friday, December 20, 2019

20/20 Vision

Hooray! Breyer finally gave us a peek at what regular runs to expect next year. I know y'all probably have seen a bajillion (yes, that is a word) of these blog posts, but I figured I could still offer my commentary anyway. I'll be going by scale, so I'll start with the Stablemates:

Deluxe Horse Collection- Various Molds 

So many breeds, ahhhhh! 
Featuring a plethora of breeds, I'm sure at least a few (I just love that Mirado and the Darley, who reminds me a bit of someone else, despite their apparent differences...) of these beauties will wriggle their way into my shelves.


Suncatcher Stablemates- Various Molds 

It's quite interesting that they continue to use the Alborozo in almost any run of multiple different models.
Although I do not plan on purchasing this set, I'm so excited to see what the artists of this hobby do with them!


Birthday at the Barn- Various Molds 

Well, well, well... Breyer's finally caught onto the fact that hobbyists are making mini boxes
I have similar commentary on this set, especially because the quality control on Classics is poor, but I might want the Harper, depending on how she looks in-hand.


Fairfax- Morgan? 

It's settled. I need this guy.
Okay, Breyer, I see you. I Have a soft spot for silver bays, and this new mold is incredible. At this point, I don't even think it matters whether or not he becomes a show horse, I just want this guy in my herd.


High Tide- Malik 

High Tide really reminds me of the new Frozen 2 horses, but he's adorable anyway :)
Although I don't absolutely love his mold, for some reason, this coloring on him really strikes a chord with me. I wouldn't be upset if he wandered his way onto my shelves.


Smooth Rider- Various Molds 

Is that a new Mariah mane variation I see?
Hmm... It seems to be that Breyer is branching out and making more mold variations recently. Eh, now that I look closer, it just looks like a more precise paint job, not a new forelock :( oh well. Regardless, it's cool to see Mariah used as a Paso Fino.


Racing the Wind- Various Molds 

I don't know about y'all, but I think Bella looks nice in grey!
I like these mare and foal sets they've been doing with the Classics series, but I wish more Traditional sets were made, too.


Spotted Wonders- Various Molds 

Dang, Knabstrupper Classics, they're really branching out with breeds.
This Knabstrupper set definitely a welcome change from the constant Paints, Quarter Horses, Appaloosas, KWPN's, etc... that they manufacture, and I find the Standing Thoroughbred mold an interesting choice for a breed with such baroque lineage.


Solaris- Brabant 

I really need to lay off my unicorn obsession, but this guy is just stunning!
If I get this guy, come to think of it, I feel like he might make a good etchie, and I don't know why. Let's just hope he's not shimmery (for the purposes of etching only, because if he is, I don't think I could bring myself to, or if he's glossed).


Breyer 70th Anniversary Assortment- Various Molds 

One of my favorites, the Dapple Palomino Saddlebred (in its URL, he's described as "Silo"?) 
Alas! A Saddlebred to show!  I can't wait to get my hands on this pretty paly. My two favorites from this Treasure Hunt are either him or the Pinto Smarty Jones (whose name, like the others, remains unknown, though in his URL, it mentions "Secretariat", not "Smarty Jones", his mold, which the other models' url's do... conspiracy? Maybe), I hope he doesn't go for sky-high prices!


Avatar's Jazzman- Flash 

Well, would you look at that? Another Morgan Flash!
It's no secret that the Flash mold is a frequent flyer in the Morgan classes, and he's about to be seen more, I assume. We'll just have to see in the upcoming 2020+ shows. Nevertheless, he is quite the stunner, I must admit.


Stingray- Wyatt 

Okay, these new releases might make me want to purge some of my Stock Horses to make room for these guys
Well... who goes? Someone might be voted off the island for this guy... I just can't resist his coloring!


The "Gangsters"-  Tony Da Pony and Bugsy Maloney 

I'll be honest, these guys are cool, but they're not my cup of tea.
Tony and Bugsy look like nice models, my main issue is just that older molds really aren't my thing, that's all.


Sable Island Horse- Croi Damsha 

Picture
Her shading is just stunning 
Regardless of her spot in my showstring, she is a must-have for my collection, especially because of the Croi conga I'm hoping to complete. I'm sure I can make room to show her though.


American Quarter Horse- Geronimo 

Picture
I'm so glad Breyer is making more use of this mold! I hope this handsome dude joins my herd.
I have a confession: I love the Geronimo mold. Thus far, all of Breyer's models on this mold, though, have been a bit too expensive for my taste, with the exception of Bandera. This guy is a welcome change. I do want to say one thing: he bears a striking resemblance to a 2018 model on this mold.


Favory Airiella Gift Set- Performance Lipizzaner Mare and Foal 

Picture
Isn't that foal's face just the cutest?
Ugh! Why does Breyer have to create such adorable horses? I want them all (but I know I can't, which is the sad part, but that's life)! I know I've been pointing out similarities in previously mentioned models, but I really think this one should be mentioned, not to hate on Breyer, of course!

What do y'all think of this new lineup? Who do you plan on getting?

Disclaimer: I'd like to give full disclosure that as of 12/17/2019, the date which this blog post was first drafted, I found the photos on Brittany's Breyers' and the Model Horse Madness blogs, then Breyer's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment