Friday, February 7, 2020

And so it Begins!

Huzzah! All my supplies that I ordered have arrived! Pastels? Check! Sealer? Check! Primer? Check! I could go on... however, because I've been in contact with such absolutely amazing three mentors, such as Karen Zorn  and Lydia Auten-Ernst of A.L.E. Ranch (note: I only included the two with studio pages, seeing as I'd like to preserve the privacy of my lovely mentors), I've managed to learn what to get: PanPastels (and what colors), primer/sealer (and how to), brushes (makeup brushes mostly), and a respirator. Obviously, I needed their help, seeing as I thought the respirator came with filters, however, it didn't. Wow, I'm like an infant; I seem to need everything spoon-fed to me, I guess! Anyway, I'm in the process of ordering some filters for my respirator and more PanPastel shades to better shade my bay. Sooner or later, NaMoPaiMo, here I come! Oh, also, when my supplies form Blick arrived, they even gave me a free glue stick (why??) for some reason!

So, who's my reference? Well, I don't have a Morgan reference, however, I do have a color reference: Furyofthewind, a bay American Quarter Horse Stallion.
<h5><strong></strong></h5> <p> </p>
Furyofthewind, Picture Credit Copper Spring Ranch
Side note: Now that I've done some thinking, I think the glue stick wasn't a accident. I mean, yes, it was a mixup, but still... I realized that instead of my Dullcote, Blick sent me a stick of glue :) Hopefully, I can still manage to get those other PanPastel shades in time, but, more importantly, I kind of need that Dullcote. Oh well, we'll figure this out somehow. In the meantime, I'll try to get primed soon.

Last night, I had a nightmare. For context, no, I have not prepped. I don't plan on it (only because the last time I tried, it totally ruined the model *facepalm*), except for maybe sanding. In said nightmare, the seam, which seemed much more pronounced in this dream, on my Morgan's back shot up like a mohawk. Fingers crossed that isn't the case when I begin work on him! 

I have half-ish of what I need, now, I only have maybe five more things to get. Regardless, this is definitely a learning experience. 

Well, that's more than enough pessimism for today; I can't wait to get my models primed, let them dry over the weekend, then maybe start pastelling on either Monday or Tuesday! 

How's your NaMoPaiMo going? 

1 comment:

  1. @oceanic.modelhorsesFebruary 8, 2020 at 5:09 PM

    I am also spending the NaMoPaiMo season learning how to customize except with an airbrush!

    ReplyDelete